Wednesday, January 23, 2013

No-Sew Burlap Curtain

Yes, I said NO-SEW! :-)


How to DIY:
I don't know how, but this idea just popped into my head one night.  It's a "NO-SEW BURLAP (STORAGE COVER) CURTAIN".  Now what I did here is I took a dowel rod, painted the same color as the mirror, screwed in ceiling hooks (these can be found in same isle as nails in hardware at like Walmart for example).  When cutting the burlap give yourself some slack so if your cut isn't even, especially cutting long lengths, you can fringe it, and the cut to shape it up as it's hanging, like giving it a hair cut! But before you even hang it, I fold the burlap about 7-8 inches over, then pushed thin hemp rope through the tiny squares of the burlap, then the hole of the buttons, and ties them into bows.  It give's a natural and country look too.  Then you push the dowel rod through hang it, straighten it, give it a hair cut if you must and you're done.  Yes, it is that simple! And you could do this on really any window in the house, especially if you're going for something simple, natural, or kind of a "country" look.

More pics....



2 comments:

  1. Okay, that is ADORABLE! I love those big buttons, they really make it look nice. Of course I love it for the burlap too... as you could have guessed ;)

    Keep it up girl, you are crazy talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you miss Kelsie I have more burlap that'll go around the bathroom mirror to come, give me another week or two still thinking exactly what all I want it to entail.... :-)

    ReplyDelete