Tuesday, January 22, 2013

MY Bathroom (part 1)

Okay I've been trying beautify my bathroom, slowly and cheaply for a few months now.  So I'm going to share a bit of stuff that's already been added, what I've worked on here recently with DIY tutorials, and some info on what's yet to come.






Above, is what it looked like earlier this week, before I really started getting crafty, Although I've already had added to it before doing a post about it so we will get to those next.



With these I saw these two pictures in their cheaper than cheap frames from the dollar tree and inserted them   into these from with scrap-booking card stock since they didn't fit exactly perfect.  I was sick of the old art that was in there and couldn't afford bed, bath, and beyond again, so I just pulled it apart simply replaced the prints.
 It's high up on this shelf because my 2 year old loves getting a hold of my brushes and ruining them.  But I think I saw this idea somewhere on Pinterest, but they had but pebbles in a glass kind of vase.  I didn't have a vase, I had this little basket that wasn't being used for anything else, and again, amazingly the Dollar Tree sells these little decorative rocks, 2 bags, $2.

 I had gotten the two gardening decorative plaques quite a years back at JoAnne's near the end of the summer on clearance  (and by the way, they can have fabulous clearance deals) for my "English Garden" themed Bedroom.

Always wanted one of these as my "night light" for my bathroom, it was a GREAT find!  Got it this past November on clearance for $5.


 Love this curtain, as you can see there's a lot of butterflies in my "nature" themed bathroom.  Bought this at K-mart on Sale for I think maybe $17, not too bad.

 Oh my goodness I swear, we cannot get enough storage between the 4 of us!!! I got this at my local Walmart for $30, very happy with it too!


With the mirror, I obviously painted it, but I played around with mixing colors until I got the right kind of "bark-like" color.  Once I got it all painted and dry. I took sand paper to it light on the smooth areas, but a little more rough on areas of engravings and edges to enhance them, and make a little more visible with an antique look.




I saved the best for last, because I don't know how, but this idea just popped into my head one night.  It's a "NO-SEW BURLAP (STORAGE COVER) CURTAIN".  Now what I did here is I took a dowel rod, painted the same color as the mirror, screwed in ceiling hooks (these can be found in same isle as nails in hardware at like Walmart for example).  When cutting the burlap give yourself some slack so if your cut isn't even, especially cutting long lengths, you can fringe it, and the cut to shape it up as it's hanging, like giving it a hair cut! But before you even hang it, I fold the burlap about 7-8 inches over, then pushed thin hemp rope through the tiny squares of the burlap, then the hole of the buttons, and ties them into bows.  It give's a natural and country look too.  Then you push the dowel rod through hang it, straighten it, give it a hair cut if you must and you're done.  Yes, it is that simple! And you could do this on really any window in the house, especially if you're going for something simple, natural, or kind of a "country" look.

No comments:

Post a Comment