Saturday, August 25, 2012

DIY - Dryer Sheets

Okay, if you're like me, we pretty much live paycheck to paycheck.  And I noticed I had one dryer sheet left right when I was about to start laundry.... I HAVE TO HAVE MY DRYER SHEETS!!! But I found a solution!

 I googled it, I pretty much done it the same as this site (which I no longer have sorry), but they were using an organic product which was the only difference.  And so, my boyfriend was throwing out his old white T's last week, and I told him NO! I can always recycle them for something! So I cut them up into somewhat the same size as my dryer sheet squares.  Got a large tupperware container added some fabric softner (how much you use is your choice, I used about as much as I would for a large load of laundry, which still isn't much [because softner can make you break-out and isn't good for your skin depending on your skin reacts]).  Then added water about 2 inches from the top; threw in my T-shirt squares, and you're done! Just toss them in the dryer with your wet clothes to dry with, and when you pull out your dried clothes just put them back in the container. ALSO, if you were wondering, it DOES still take out the static! I thought is wouldn't be as effective because of the material the actual dryer sheets are made of, but it is.  Hope this helps some of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment