Tuesday, April 16, 2013

MY Bathroom (part 2)

Crafty Creations for April 4th, 2013
-In light of April becoming our month to "Burlap".  I thought I ought to finally share the other half of "MY Bathroom" Project.

 I figured after a few hot steamy showers the burlap would relax a litter, and eventually it did.  This was very simple.  above the mirror I hammered in two small nails on each side of the light to hook the burlap.  On the drapes where it was a bit too thick and around the upper corners I just tucked some of the fabric behind the mirror and it automatically secured itself.
 Above the burlap as you can see I cut up some silk flowers and fake floral with some needle nose plyers (DO NOT USE SCISSORS) to give me about 3 inches of thick wire and just stuck the fake plants into the the burlap's tiny squares, no glue, and was secured.  Same with the the nest, although I had to glue the eggs in with my cool glue gun, but the nest had long stick pieces to secure into foam or other material, which worked well with the burlap.
 The birds came with clips on the bottom of them so I just clipped them to the floral as if they were sitting on them, and moved the floral around some so I could hide the clips in order to give that "natural" nature allure.
I had bought everything from my local JoAnn's store, except for the pine like branches, I had purchased at my local Hobby Lobby store.  I'd say all the materials cost me no more than $30 (max.). I collect my coupons and get everything on sale or discounted somehow, between apps, e-mails, mailers, and site coupons, it can all add up in your favor.

I truly hope you enjoy this project because even though someone may have done something like it (which I haven't seen yet), this is one of those special ideas that just popped into my head, and I really think it came out to be a beautiful project and inspire some of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment