Thursday, February 14, 2013

When it comes to Making a Gift for a Guy, You Gotta Get Creative!!!

Although, this one wasn't, all lovey-dovey and Valentines-ie.  It was for him...lol


Believe it or not ALL the Ninja Turtle Sticker looking things is actually from this old self-adhesive wall paper my mom had in her basement for a crafting project she never done for years.  My fiancee, Casey, with us being born in the 80's and watching most of our cartoons throughout the 90's, you can only image he grew up on this ans is still a fan... lol

I took a smaller rather than medium art canvas, painted my background aka "the setting", then I cut out all the character/pieces in the wallpaper that I wanted to stick on the canvas to do a sort of 'collage' (collage art is sort of my strong suit, if you haven't noticed, you eventually will). When I cut out some of the piping, I stuck that on first then finished painting the rest of the piping. I had also to a empty toilet paper roll and painted it to make it just a wee-bit 3-D, and added more of a sewer look, with the HUGE sewer pipes we all imagine.  I glued it on with a hot glue gun.  I know that may sound weird to do or tricky, but really it's not.  I just done took the glue more on the inside edge, so it wouldn't seep outward to look tacky.  While it's still warm (I don't know about you but I have became immune to the hot glue guns wrath over the years), I take my nails and fingers to help squish the glue down. ( I made this back in 2010, and hasn't fell apart yet!) Then I added the rest of the wallpaper that I had cut out, and Ta-Da!  Needless, to say, he LOVED it! So, just because it may be Valentine's Day doesn't necessarily mean, it has to go along with that theme.  Do something that'll mean something much more! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment