Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Collage Flower



This is a Pin of the Day, for March 18th, 2012.  This piece was quite easy.  I think they may have used fabric on the one from Pinterest, but I already have a technique for paper/canvas.  And I'll give you MY How To: 1) Paint Canvas (Black seems to make the colors of your paper to pop out). 2) I used scrapbook paper and cut out leaf shapes, and one circle. ( I also you this and the product for the next step in ALL my collage projects.) 3) I used an Acrylic Medium, Matte Medium Gel to glue/seal w/ a brush for each leaf.  (This can be found in the art isle of your local craft store, it is made for the canvas but I use for other things as well but that's for a different time.) 4) After I have gotten everything glued down, I went over the whole canvas w/ the gel and a flat 1in. paint brush to seal it. (Mine looks shiny because it was still drying.) 5) OPTIONAL- If you'd like you can give it a back to hang or you can hang it by the wood behind it.
(This piece is what is going to bring all my collage and art projects I have recently done for my "living room re-do" altogether! Hope you enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment